Saturday, May 16, 2009

Brian and Heather's Wedding

Do I know Brian and Heather? No. Did I help out Martina with the catering aspect of their wedding? Yes.
Today was completely filled. Last night, I had offered to Mike, a co-worker at Tidewater, that I'd come in for him at 7, if he'd come in around 9 - so that I could head to Huber for work. After he agreed, we joked around, and I reneged. Then I left to take another co-worker home. On the way, I wasn't sure if Mike still expected me to work for him - so, after getting home after 2 am, I got up around 6 to be at the Tidewater at 7. Apparently, Mike was also unclear on whether or not I was still coming in for him, so he had shown up anyway. This meant that I could head to Huber earlier than expected to work my weekend shift, and maybe get a nap before heading out to the catering gig.
After showing up at Tidewater, I worked at Huber for around three hours, then went home, and didn't have time for a nap. Later, I went to the catering gig, and had a really nice time seeing Martina and her family, and catching up with Brenda. I probably spent more time than necessary with Brenda, but to me, it was worth it! We drank and chatted all night! We even walked away with some table decorations!

No comments: