Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beau Monde Dip

Tomorrow, at Huber, we're having a luncheon with a picnic theme, so I thought I'd bring veggies and dip. The dip I chose to make is one that Wanda and I had discussed a couple of weeks ago, that we had first tried at Aunt Ethel's house and really liked, but couldn't find the recipe to. All I remembered was that it had Beau Monde seasoning in it, so I went to their website and found the official recipe for Beau Monde Dip.

Beau Monde Dip

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
  • 1 tablespoon Spice Islands Parsley
  • ½ teaspoon Spice Islands Beau Monde Seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon Spice Islands Dill Weed
Directions
  1. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, green onion, parsley, Beau Monde Seasoning, and dill weed in a small bowl.
  2. Cover and chill a minimum of 30 minutes to blend flavors.
I was unable to find the Beau Monde seasoning when I went to Aberdeen in search of it, so I settled on McCormick's Bon Appetit seasoning salt (I later learned that if I'd gone over the river to Perryville, I could have found it at the Food Lion). Despite the substitution, I think the dip tastes just as good as the dip Aunt Ethel made, so I think it's the recipe we were looking for.

No comments: