Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tilapia with Savory Herb Butter

For dinner tonight, Tom and I decided that baked tilapia would be fabulous. I knew how to prepare his - sprinkle it with Old Bay and top it with a little pat of butter - but I wanted a little bit more. After searching Pinterest, I found a recipe for Tilapia with Savory Herb Butter.

Tilapia with Savory Herb Butter

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard, Ground
  • 1 pound tilapia fillets
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and ground mustard in medium bowl until well blended.
  2. Place fish on foil-lined shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread fish with herb butter mixture.
  3. Bake 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
I didn't have any Italian Seasoning, so I replaced it with 1/4 tsp oregano and 1/4 tsp basil flakes, and I think it turned out well. The flavor was subtle, but good, and the fish wasn't overpowering (but tilapia isn't supposed to be). I'll add this to the list of recipes I'd make again.

No comments: