I made a pretty decent variety, focusing mainly on the Natty Boh earrings. I even mounted the earrings on a business card, to make them easier to display.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Saturday, July 27, 2013
These were relatively easy to make. What I made today are for a few people at work. I hope they like them.
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Peach CobblerI brought the cobbler in to work at the Tidewater, and it went over quite well. Everyone loved it. I was even able to save a piece for Tom, and he liked it, too.
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 8 tablespoon (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar, divided
- 4 cup peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Tonight, I sat down and made some more.
I'm planning on participating in a local craft show in November, and I want to include these in my booth. They're pretty easy to make, and are turning out nicer than I expected.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Like last year, I brought candy to throw to people I know. Afterwards, rather than stick around at Mel's, Tom and I went to Jeff's for a get together. Jeff had invited a bunch of people from his section over to his house for a party, and invited us, too. Jeff is the guy I carpool with to band, and he's become good friends with Tom. It was a good time.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Yes, happy Fourth of July. The band had some good parades (in Dundalk, Towson, and Catonsville), and my knee didn't give me too much trouble. It was definitely sore by the end of the day, but what affected me the most was the heat. It's a good thing that I didn't drive, because I fell asleep on the way home!