Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Monday, September 28, 2015
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Well Excuuuse Me! (premium)
I spotted the corner of a plastic bag hanging out, but I need a ladder for Ghost to the Post. I'll get to it another day.
Give that Fan a Contract (premium)
Friday, September 25, 2015
I actually found this one last night, but there was no log in the box, so I wasn't sure if it was the correct location. After messaging the cache owner, he confirmed that this was the correct location, and allowed me to log the cache as found.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- With a paring knife, cut off the strawberry stems. Cut around the inside of the strawberry, hollowing out slightly and creating a well for the cheesecake. (You can also do this with a small melon baller). Cut off a small portion of the pointy strawberry tip, so that each strawberry can stand. Place each on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, with a standing or handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese , sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Place mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Optionally, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each stuffed strawberry.
TIP: Don’t make more than 5 hours in advance , or your strawberries will sweat and may become a bit soggy.
I slice the strawberries in half, cut a little off so they would lay flat, then topped them with the cheesecake mixture. Too good.
BACON JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork
- Add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon
- Put the mixture in a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Chill until ready to serve
Cucumber Bites with Herb Cream Cheese and Cherry TomatoesThey were beautiful, and tasty. The tomatoes were grown right here!
- 1 (4 oz) block of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 3-4 cucumbers, skinned and cut into 1 inch slices
- 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of dill for garnish
- Sprinkle of paprika or Cajun spice mix for garnish
- Mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and dill.
- Pipe into cucumber slices.
- Add a tomato half to the top of each round.
- Sprinkle with salt, dill, and paprika/Cajun spice mix.
Ham Roll-Ups RecipeI used sweet gherkins, not bad.
- 1 pound deli sliced ham
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1 jar of Lynnae's Gourmet Pickles in Hot Mama or Mrs. Pickles Spears variety
- Lay each slice of ham flat and spread a dollop of cream cheese around the center. Place a pickle spear in the middle and roll the ham around the spear. Cut in half. Serve using toothpicks.
Crab-Stuffed Celery RecipeGood stuff.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped chive cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or imitation crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 celery ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag; pipe mixture into celery sticks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Monday, September 21, 2015
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Monday, September 14, 2015
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Thursday, September 10, 2015
The NMNH Geotour has nine total caches, and as of today, I've found six. One day trip to Alexandria, VA via Laurel, MD and a trip to Pennsylvania, which I may be able to piggy-back off of a planned trip to Gettysburg in October, and I will have completed the Geotour. Pretty cool!