Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rise and Conquer

This year's Raven's Roost Convention had the theme, "Rise & Conquer." It was very appropriate, seeing how the two ravens that attend the games are called Rise and Conquer, but also because of the impending NFL lock-out. The Pep Band played regardless of the NFL, and we were fabulous, as usual. There weren't as many float-type entries in the parade this year, but I still had a couple of favorites.


Afterwards, I walked up to Castle in the Sand with Tressie for lunch (about 10 blocks away), then walked back around 20 blocks to find Tom where he was on the beach. We spent the rest of our time on the beach, and went to dinner at Phillips All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet after checking in to our hotel. After dinner we stayed in, since it was around 10, and I did some crafting and read. I finished "The Long Quiche Goodbye" by Avery Aames.

I must say, that book was a little slow going, and sometimes I felt it was overly-descriptive about the cheese and wine. That's a shame, because I love cheese and wine.

No comments: