Pete’s Sister’s Crab Salad
When adding seasoning, taste your crab mixture immediately after adding the Old Bay. If it tastes like it could use a dash more , STOP. The seasoning will be absorbed by the meat and it will be fine. Serve the salad with extra Old Bay so that others can season to taste. Unfortunately, once you’ve added too much, it can’t be removed.
- 1 lb. Lump or Backfin Crabmeat
- Add a mixture of diced onion, celery and green pepper (I just add it to add color and look healthy so I don’t measure any of the ingredients).
- Add about 3 TBSP of Mayonnaise (or more until it is a consistency that you like)
- Mix together all of the above (use a fork so that you can separate the pieces)
- Add a few shakes of OLD BAY Seafood Seasoning (I use the low sodium one)