No Bake Strawberry Icebox CakeWe'll see on Saturday how it turned out.
- 19 oz graham crackers
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 3 ½ c ups heavy cream
- 1 banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cream powdered sugar, vanilla and salt with the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the cream mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Spread a thin layer of heavy cream mix in a 9x13 pan just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more, breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a thick layer of heavy cream mix over grahams and top with a hearty layer of sliced strawberries.
- Place graham crackers on top of strawberries, then heavy cream mix, then layer of thinly sliced bananas.
- Repeat the graham-strawberries-cream layers 1 more time (3 times total) and you should reach the top of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- Top with a few sliced strawberries or whole strawberries if you desired.
- Serve chilled.
Thursday, July 28, 2016
No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
On Saturday, Tom and I will be attending the 2016 MGS Summer Picnic, and I decided to bring a No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake, among other things. Since it has to chill for several hours, I made it tonight.