Saturday, November 8, 2008

Jingle Bell Jams, and an ATC

This is an old post from my old blog. I intend to transfer them all over to this one.

Yesterday, I finally mailed out my CD's for the Jingle Bell Jams. I like my product and how it looks, and I hope that everyone in the swap likes it, too. My jam is a mixture of popular music, spanning many decades. The songs were also placed in an order to signify the season: so the CD starts with Adam Sandler's "The Thanksgiving Song" and ends with Bob and Doug McKenzie's "The 12 Days of Christmas." The music isn't as original as in some of the CD's I've already received (you can hear any of them playing on the pop radio stations during the Christmas season) but they are what I enjoy listening to, which was the whole point.
When I got home from work last night, I had a pleasant surprise in the mail. The next CD from the Jingle Bell Jam had arrived. It was from the Parkers in Ohio. The mix on that CD was similar to mine, with old and new songs done by popular artists, but there were enough songs that I haven't heard of to make me look forward to listening to this CD. I also received the final ATC in the ButtonMania ATC Swap. It was from Luz in Oregon, and in addition to the adorable ATC, she included some background papers cut to ATC size.
I have been very pleased with my experience with the swappers on Swap-bot, and look forward to next three swaps I've joined there: an international Christmas card swap, a cancelled Christmas stamp ATC swap, and a recycled Christmas card ATC swap. I hope to use the cards I receive in the first swap for the ATC's in the other two swaps, at least, that's the plan.

No comments: