Friday, October 21, 2011

Apple Cupcakes

Last night, or should I say early this morning, I made Apple Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting.


I found the recipe while I was searching for the recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting. I had taken some of those cupcake to work with me, and several of the other waitresses thought they were delicious. Well, one of them has a birthday today, so I thought I'd whip these up and bring them in. I think they turned out really well. The only change I made was instead of baking apples, I used Red Delicious (since that's what I had), and added ½ teaspoon lemon juice to try to cut down their sweetness. The cupcakes were great at 2:30 this morning, I just hope they age well. And the only criticism I have is that unless I did something wrong, there just wasn't enough frosting.

No comments: