Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ashley Greene Benefit

Tonight, the Tidewater is having a benefit for Ashley Greene, a local lady who has been diagnosed with Ciliary Body Melanoma. She has been accepted into a clinical trial in San Diego to study this disease. The proceeds from this benefit will assist her with the cost of airfare and hotels so that she can participate in this study.
As with Holly's and Lyn's benefits, $1 from the purchase of every drink in the bar was donated to the cause, and there were raffle and silent auction items in the banquet room. For my part, I crocheted some scarves, and put them up for sale, with everthing except for the cost of materials going to the charity.

Kristen, who organized the Lyn Comer benefit, did the same, but with football team themed wreaths. A couple of bands donated their time and talents, and the Tidewater donated some free hors d'oeuvres. Unfortunately, I had things to do, so I couldn't stick around for the actual event, but I did my part and purchased some raffle tickets.

No comments: