Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Baked Mozzarella Sticks

Since I had the night off, I thought I'd attempt to make a couple of new little things. It started with baked mozzarella sticks.

Ingredients from taste of home
  • 4 pieces of string cheese cut in hallf (I used Sargento Reduced Fat Mozzarella cheese sticks)
  • 4 egg roll wrappers cut in half
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • Marinara or spaghetti sauce
Directions
  1. Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
  2. Brush cheese sticks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce or whatever sauce you like to dip your cheese sticks ili>n.
The flavor was good, but I was disappointed that a good amount of the mozzarella escaped the wonton wrapper.
I also attempted to make baked zucchini chips. They didn't dry out as much as I expected, so I think I'll try a dehydrator next.

No comments: