Sunday, July 6, 2014

Grilled Honey Tarragon Chicken

So, for dinner tonight, I had to do something with chicken, so I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website.

Grilled Honey-Tarragon Chicken

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
  • Dash salt
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Steps
  1. Heat grill. In small bowl, combine parsley, tarragon, dash salt, honey and lemon juice; blend well.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper; brush with honey mixture.
  3. When ready to grill, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing with remaining honey mixture.
Now, I didn't grill it, I cooked it in a skillet, which accounts for the caramelization (cooking-speak for burning sugary foods). Despite that, Tom loved it! I also think it had a really good flavor, but it was just a tad too sweet for me.

No comments: