Classic Green Bean CasseroleI must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Why haven't I ever included this staple in our Thanksgiving dinners in the past? Oh, wait, it's because Tom hates mushrooms and onions. Well then, I'll eat it all myself.
What You'll Need
How to Make It
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup or (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Classic Green Bean Casserole
A co-worker mentioned to me a few days ago that she was making Green Bean Casserole from scratch as her contribution to her family's Thanksgiving dinner, and I thought to myself that I'd never made that before. I decided that I would try out the traditional recipe to see how it worked for me.