Creamy Brussels SproutsI really enjoyed this dish. It had good flavor, but it wasn't too creamy.
- 4 slices peppered bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through stem end
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- cracked black pepper
- In 12-inch skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- In skillet add Brussels sprouts to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
- Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Creamy Brussels Sprouts
The question was, what can I make as a side dish that's new, and that Tom will eat? I decided that maybe Brussels Sprouts would be the answer. Broccoli is my go-to vegetable for holiday meals, but when I learned that Brussels sprouts were in season, I gave it a whirl.