Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cornfest

At Huber today, we had Cornfest. We cooked up fresh local corn, had home grown tomatoes, and store bought watermelon. I brought some basil honey butter, too. A couple of weekends ago, Mel brought corn in to the restaurant and made some basil honey butter there. It was fabulous. Fresh and sweet, and I was hoping to reproduce it. Mine didn’t turn out as well as Mel’s, but it was okay. Maybe I didn’t add enough honey, she used fresh basil where I used freeze-dried, who knows? But, just in case you’d like to try it, here’s a recipe I just pull off of the internet – maybe I should have done that before trying to make it…

Honey Basil Butter

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt*
*If using salted butter, omit salt.

Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine butter and honey; mix well. Stir in basil and salt. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: