Friday, October 22, 2010

Ovo

So, for my birthday, Mom & Dad got tickets for me and Donnie to see Cirque du Soleil's Ovo.


What a night it turned out to be. It started out where I kind of panicked on the drive to Washington, D.C., because on the route I took. Traffic was heavy, and then I wasn't sure where I was going. The only other time I'd driven down there by myself, I went interstate all the way, but this time I thought I knew a better way, the way Dad takes us when we visit. Not as easy as I thought. When one road ended, I turned the wrong way onto the next road. When I got myself turned around, I was so hopelessly flustered, and I was upset because I was so late that Donnie had to cancel our dinner reservations. Then, I decided to find the interstate, but I wasn't sure which direction was the right way to go. Argh, turning 40 hasn't helped my sense of direction at all. When I finally got to Donnie's place, we walked two blocks to a local eatery and ordered take-out (I got a turkey, Havarti, and green apple sandwich on 9 grain and a side of potato salad). Then we made our way to the National Harbor for the show. It was really cool. The costumes and make-up were fabulous, I especially liked the grasshoppers. My favorite acts were the Ants and the Wall, but they were all great.

No comments: