Friday, October 1, 2010

Julie's Diaper Cake

I missed Julie's surprise baby shower. Several weeks ago, it was planned on either a Friday or Saturday for the following Tuesday, and then moved to Wednesday, because Julie was signing papers for a house that Tuesday. Of course, I had band on Wednesday, so I had to miss the actual shower. Fortunately, that gave me more time to complete the diaper cake, and since her last day of work is Sunday - with a planned C-section on Tuesday morning - the clock was ticking.
I've been having a hard time getting the stuff I wanted for the cake (Wal-Mart is redecorating and reducing the size of their crafts section, so I had to go to Bel Air for the pillars and flowers). Yesterday, it rained a whole heck of a lot, and Huber was closed for the day, so I ran to Bel Air to pick up the stuff to make the cake. I assembled it today, and I think it turned out well.

I had hoped for blue flowers, since she's having a boy, but there weren't many to choose from, so I went with the fall blooms, which worked out well since she went to the University of Maryland, and her favorite football team is the Washington Redskins, both with the same colors.

No comments: