Saturday, November 16, 2013

Steak and Potatoes Dinner

For dinner tonight, I made Slow-Cooker Steak and Potatoes Dinner.

Slow Cooker Steak and Potatoes Dinner

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lb beef tip steak, trimmed
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 bag (19 oz) Green Giant® frozen garden vegetable medley
Steps
  1. Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of beef with flour, salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook beef in oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
  2. Place onions in slow cooker. Top with beef and tomatoes; sprinkle with sugar.
  3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
  4. About 15 minutes before steak is ready to serve, microwave vegetables as directed on bag. Stir into beef mixture.
I wasn't exactly thrilled with the first bite, but subsequent bites were quite tasty. I'm not used to eating beef with tomatoes, so I think that is where I got hung up initially, but the meat turned out to be nice and tender.
On a totally different note, I practiced purling today.

There are a lot more things to learn, but I think I'm starting to get a hang of knitting!

No comments: