Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mediterranean Quiche

I saw recipes for something like this on Pinterest, and since I have many ingredients that would be a good fit for this dish, I thought I'd give it a try.

I used a can of crescent rolls for the crust, pressing the dough into a deep pie pan. For the egg-y mixture: four eggs, 2 cups of half-and-half, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. This mixture was poured over my Mediterranean elements: 1 box of frozen spinach, chopped roasted red peppers, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped Kalamata olives and 8 ounces of crumbled feta cheese. I baked the dish at 350F, and have no idea how long for - there was so much stuff in it, it seemed to take forever!
But, eventually, it was ready to take out of the oven. For my first ever attempt at quiche, I think it turned out pretty good. It incorporated a lot of flavors I enjoy, and got rid a lot of stuff that's been in my refrigerator for a while.

No comments: