White Cheddar Scalloped PotatoesDespite looking a little funky, they were quite tasty (Was it the 2 cups of light cream and 1/2 cup of heavy cream that I used? I used red potatoes and didn't peel them. I omitted the onions for Tom's sake). Tom thought they were good, too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 container (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bags (20 oz each) refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- In medium bowl, stir whipping cream, rosemary, salt and pepper with wire whisk until blended. In baking dish, arrange half of the potatoes. Top with half each of the onion and cheese. Layer with remaining potatoes, onion and cheese. Pour cream mixture evenly over potato mixture.
- Cover; bake 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
* Use any cheese you like in this rich side dish.