Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!

Over the past week, I've had a good time preparing for this holiday. Tom had mentioned his desire for black jelly beans about a week ago, and I had talked about filling plastic eggs and hiding them for him. Well, I put an Easter egg hunt into play last night. I hid plastic eggs which I had filled with black jelly beans, dark chocolate eggs, and miniature chocolate bars, last night before going to bed, and this morning, before heading out to work, I left an Easter basket with a poem about Tom's hunt:

There are twenty five eggs hidden on this floor,
Not one egg less, not one egg more.
In your search, you might find a grand prize,
I hope you enjoy your Easter surprise!
By the time I got home, Tom was still searching for three eggs.

We both enjoyed the hunt, and although I'm not sure if it will be an annual event, it generated many laughs and smiles between the two of us.

No comments: