Wednesday, April 1, 2015

2015 1st Quarter Update

Have you been wondering how my New Year's resolutions have been going? Well, wonder no longer:
  1. Lose Weight/Eat Healthier - This quarter, I stayed even with my weight and haven't gained or lost anything. I forgot to set a hard and fast goal, so I think it will be 40 pounds for the year - approximately 10 pounds per quarter. That seems reasonable, don't you think? I'll have to play catch up for this past quarter, but with it getting busier at the restaurant and band starting back up later this month, I'll be burning more calories.
  2. Try 52 New Recipes - Since it's winter and the restaurant is slow this time of year, I have more free time, so I've been able to try 28 new recipes. With the rate I had initially proposed (one a week), I don't have to cook anything new for the rest of the next quarter, and I'll still be on track.
  3. "Read" 42 Books - After participating in the Winter Reading Program at the library, I've only ended up "reading" 5 books so far. I've got a book on my bedside table that I'm working on, but I'm way behind. To stay on target, I need to read around 10 books a quarter, so I need to ramp it up!
  4. Learn How to Knit - This is going much better than I had ever hoped! My initial goal was to learn how to knit in the first quarter, then finish one-third of the scarf in each subsequent quarter. Can you believe that I am only 17 rows away from finishing the second third of the scarf? I don't even have to look at the scarf for the next six months to stay on track! I did slow down considerably in March, but I've completed 331 rows so far, and the scarf looks great! I've only left one mistake in, and I'm sure I'll be able to finish it by Christmas.
Overall, I think I've been fairly successful at keeping up with some of my resolutions. Since I'm so far ahead on some of them, I can focus on the others this next quarter, but unfortunately, with my short attention span, three months is usually where I fizzle out completely. I will definitely be needing another kick in the pants, I can't wait to see what my next quarterly update has to tell you!

No comments: