Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Poster Went Over Well

This is an old post from my old blog. I intend to transfer them all over to this one.

First off, I have to mention that getting 8 hours of sleep a night is something I totally recommend. Last night, when I got home from band, I chatted with Tom for a few minutes, then headed up to bed, since I was pretty tired when I woke up yesterday morning. I can't believe how good I felt when I woke up this morning. I've been subsisting (is that the right word?) off of 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night, getting to work later in the morning than I should, and feeling tired all of the time. Unfortunately, with my work schedule the way it is, I won't be able to do that too often, but it is something to consider in the future. Anyway, back to the reason for blogging today...
Today was the Quality Day function for the plant, and my poster was put on display. I am happy to say that I have had several positive comments about it. They came from Linda, Kathie, and Matt. Linda, of course, is my supervisor, and is the person who gave me the job to do. Kathie is Linda's supervisor, and is in charge of the whole analytical group. Matt is one of the organizers of the function and is the Quality Manager here at Huber. I've been so nervous about it, and keep thinking of things that I should have added or reworded, so I'm glad that everyone was pleased with the product. I also hear that it definitely made the attendees think about the subject of the poster, which is just as important as putting out a good product.

No comments: