Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In

I am such a silly girl! I was supposed to work today at both Huber and Tidewater, and yesterday, I packed up my stuff with the intention of staying in town overnight. It started to snow around 2:00. Then, I got bored hanging around Huber, so around 7:30, I went to the Tidewater to see what was up there. Not much, so I stayed for a little bit, had a drink and a bite to eat, and then, in my infinite wisdom, decided that the roads weren't too bad, so I'd go home. I ran up and down the driveway a couple of times when I got home, and again around 11:30, when I decided to leave the Jeep at the top of the driveway, since the snow drifts a lot along our drive.
This morning, after walking though the snow drifts to get to the Jeep, I saw that the plows hadn't even come through our development, yet, which I had hung my hopes on. The snow came up to my knees a couple of times, but was a few inches below my knees in most places. Then, when I'm getting ready to head back to the house, Tom decides that I need to move the Jeep off of the drive a little more, just in case the guy we're getting to plow our drive comes by. So, I have to spend time out in the frozen Tundra, digging around the Jeep so that I can move it off of the drive a foot and a half. How fun.
But, now I'm warm and dry, expecting not to have to work at Tidewater this evening, since it's not supposed to stop snowing until this evening. Here are some snow filled pictures, you might even be able to make out where I exited the garage and trudged through the snow.

Looking Back at the House

Looking Up the Drive

No comments: