Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My First Diaper Cake

Woo hoo! I just finished my very first diaper cake. Two days ago, I received an invitation to Holly's baby shower, and it's next Tuesday. I had joined the No Sew Block Swap with the intention of making a quilt for Holly's baby, but there isn't nearly enough time to receive the pieces, sew them together, and construct the quilt - which I have no idea how to do. So I had a slight change of plans. Normally, I would just get something off of the list of what Holly registered for at Target, but this time, I decided to make a diaper cake.


I found so many cute ideas on-line, but I thought that this suited my personality - and my budget - a little better. It incorpoates her colors - hot pink, black and white - and she will be naming her daughter London Rose, hence the artificial roses. This might be my new favorite thing to do for baby showers, I just hope that noone else will be doing one.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Not bad at all. :)