Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gooey Butter Cake

Back in June, Wanda told me about a recipe she made called Gooey Butter Cake. It sounded like something I'd like to try, and I finally am! The recipe she found was from the American Profile website, but I thought I'd use the cake part of the recipe from that, and the Filling part of the recipe from Paula Deen, which has less powdered sugar.

Gooey Butter Cake

Cake:
  • 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • ½ cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Filling:
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup butter, melted
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix cake mix, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs with a spoon. Pat into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
  3. Mix cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and melted butter with an electric mixer. Slowly beat in powdered sugar. Pour over cake layer.
  4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool.
The cake was yummy! It was really rich, and I am so glad I didn't use the filling from American Profile, which called for 4 cups of powdered sugar.

No comments: