Saturday, August 11, 2012

Zucchini Nut Muffins

The other day, I picked up this recipe, among others, at Brad's Produce Stand and swore that I'd give it a try. Today, I did.

Zucchini Nut Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups zucchini, grated
  • 3 cups flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup walnuts, chopped
Directions:
  1. Beat the eggs until foamy.
  2. Blend in sugar, oil and zucchini.
  3. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
  4. Add dry ingredients above to the egg mixture; blend well.
  5. Add the nuts, and spoon into greased muffin tins.
  6. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.
I think they were delicious - slightly sweet, with that little touch of cinnamon. Tom said I executed the muffins well, but they had a "farm-y" or "hay-y" flavor. He's not a huge fan of zucchini, but at least he gave them a try, I'm proud of him for that.

No comments: