Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

Tonight for dinner, I attempted a recipe I found on Pinterest, called the absolute best Beef Stroganoff ever - and with praise like that, how can you go wrong?

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

  • 2 pounds cubed stew meat
  • 2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
  • 1 largish onion diced
  • 2 tbsp of Worcestershire
  • 1/2 water
  • 8 oz of cream cheese
  • couple of dashes of Garlic Salt (1 tsp?)
  • couple dashes of Hot Paprika
  1. In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients, except the meat AND the Cream Cheese, together. Once combined add the meat and mix together.
  2. Cook on Low for 8 hours (or High for 5 hours). Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes.
  3. Serve over egg noodles. Or mashed potatoes, I won't tell anyone but I would really like to not be alone in this.
Now, of course, Tom had misgivings because he saw me cutting up onions last night in preparation for today, but he actually liked the dish. He still recommends that if I make this again to cut back on the onions. I thought it was good, and filling - after one bowl, I was stuffed!

No comments: