Swirled Candy Cane CupcakesI think they turned out well, with a nice bit of peppermint flavor. The only down side was that the mints melted a little and got sticky.
- 1 box (1 lb 2.25 oz) Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon red paste food color
- 2 containers (12 oz each) fluffy white whipped frosting
- 1 cup crushed hard peppermint candies (about 30)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and peppermint extract with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter in half. To 1 portion, add food color; stir until uniform in color. In each muffin cup, place 2 tablespoons red batter; top with 2 tablespoons white batter. Swirl white batter through red batter with knife for marbled design.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each with crushed peppermint candies.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Swirled Candy Cane Cupcakes
I don't know why, but for Cookie Day at Huber, I decided that I wanted to make Swirled Candy Cane Cupcakes.