Chocolate Donuts with Irish Cream GanacheThese turned out well, for the most part. I made a pan of regular sized donuts and a pan of mini-donuts, and the mini-donuts were a little overdone. Oh well, live and learn.
For the Donuts:
For the ganache
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons oil
- approx. 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- approx. 1 1/4 cups Irish Cream Creamer
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and cornstarch into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, vanilla, and oil and whisk together.
- Scrape batter into a zip top bag. Snip off the end and pipe batter into wells greased (or nonstick) donut pans (fill about halfway).
- Bake at 450C for 7-9 minutes, until donut springs back when pressed. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pour creamer over the chocolate chips until just barely level (I like to use just a little less so that the ganache is thicker). Microwave for 1 minute, and then whisk until a smooth ganache forms.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the ganache while ganache is warm, or spread over top of the donuts with a spoon.