Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Corned Beef Breakfast

For the St. Patrick's Day breakfast, I had planned on making a bunch of different things, but they were all starchy, and I really wanted to make something that included corned beef. So, after an intensive Google search, I found a recipe for a Corned Beef Breakfast.

Corned Beef Breakfast

Ingredients
  • 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
  • 1 1/2 lbs cooked corned beef
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
  • 6 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
  2. Arrange cubes on the bottom.
  3. Coarsely slice the corned beef and arrange over the bread.
  4. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
  5. Beat eggs with milk and pepper.
  6. Pour over all.
  7. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnite.
  8. Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
  9. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.
  10. Serve immediately.
It wasn't as eggy as I expected it to be, I guess I thought it would turn out more like a quiche, but the dish was pretty tasty, with the predominant flavor being from the rye bread.

No comments: