Corned Beef BreakfastIt wasn't as eggy as I expected it to be, I guess I thought it would turn out more like a quiche, but the dish was pretty tasty, with the predominant flavor being from the rye bread.
- 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked corned beef
- 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange cubes on the bottom.
- Coarsely slice the corned beef and arrange over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Beat eggs with milk and pepper.
- Pour over all.
- Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnite.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.