Bacon Maple Cupcake Bread PuddingIt was just plain delicious. And even though it sounded like the flavor combination shouldn't have worked, it did.
- 1 batch of Bacon Maple Cupcakes, quartered and stale
- 1 cup 1/2 ‘n 1/2
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Maple Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 3 slices, bacon chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- butter to coat pan
Irish Cream Butter Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Quarter unwrapped and stale cupcakes. Set aside. *note: if not stale enough from being left out over night, quarter and place in 200 degree oven for 20 minutes*
- In large bowl whisk together milk, half and half, extracts, cinnamon, and eggs.
- Fold in quartered cupcakes pieces until liquid is nearly all absorbed.
- Pour into 9x9 inch baking pan and sprinkle with bacon pieces. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topping with Irish Cream Butter Sauce if desired.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients until they come to a low boil/simmer. Whisk constantly so that the eggs don’t curdle.
- Serve over bread pudding or ice cream.