Drip BeefI split this in two by cutting the meat in half, and splitting most of the items between two pots. The only difference between Tom's pot and my pot was that my pot got all of the pepperoncinis as well as all of the leftover juice from the jar (why waste it?). I also misread the recipe, and only used a total of 4 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning. I must say, my drip beef was quite tasty, and has a nice zing to it. Tom hasn't tried his, yet, but I tasted it and I think it'll be good enough for him.
- 2.5-4 lb chuck roast
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 16-oz jar pepperoncinis
- 4 T Italian seasoning
- Put chuck roast in oven safe pot.
- Pour in can of beef consommé.
- Add pepperoncinis and juice from half of the 16-oz jar.
- Top with 3-4 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
- Cover pot and bake in 275° oven for 5-6 hours.