Monday, May 11, 2020

Strawberry Fluff

I recently received a Pillsbury newsletter that featured a recipe for Strawberry Fluff Pie. I had to head to the grocery store tonight after work anyway, so after checking the Ibotta app, and seeing that strawberries were a featured item, I thought I'd give it a try.

Strawberry Fluff Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
  • 1 box (4-serving size) wild strawberry-flavored gelatin
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ cup boiling water
  • 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 8 fresh strawberry halves
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix gelatin, sugar and boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken and get syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Stir whipped topping into gelatin mixture until well blended. Fold in sliced strawberries. Spoon into cooled baked shell. Arrange strawberry halves around outer edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
So, I just made Strawberry Fluff - no pie. I used sugar-free gelatin and sucralose just to keep the calorie count down. Tom and I both enjoyed it. It's light and fluffy, and I think that the real strawberries really make the dish, since I usually don't care for artificial strawberry flavoring.

No comments: