Sunday, February 15, 2009

Well, Dad's Gone

Dad was in town for a meeting, and when it finished up, he came and stayed with me for a few days. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my shifts covered at the restaurant, so I didn't have much time to visit with him, but I did enjoy the time that we had together.
Thursday night, he came to the restaurant and hung out in the bar. It was slow enough where I could hang out, too, and do a little chatting. When we got home, he gave me a few things that he'd brought with him for me and I read a book he'd brought along, "Politically Correct Bedtime Stories." It was too funny. Friday night was a really late night for me at the restaurant, so we only talked a little before hitting the sack - since we had to get on the road in the morning. Saturday morning, we drove down to Alexandria to visit Donnie. Once there, we had brunch at O'Connell's (where we each had the Irish Breakfast), and then walked through the Torpedo Factory Art Center. A couple of highlights from the art center, for me at least, were a set of four ceramic fish wall hangings by Joan Kasprzak and a moose head made out of recycled materials. It's nose was a bicycle seat, the teeth were a phone cord, and on the sculpture itself was a bird made of soda cans. Then we had to leave so that I could get to work. After work, Dad and I sat down in front of the computer and entered information into his geneology program. So, that was his visit from my view. I feel guilty for not being able to spend more time, but I'm glad for the time that we did have - and the visit with Donnie was nice, too.

No comments: