Thursday, November 12, 2009

Silver Bella - The Beginning

Whew, what a day! It all started out with not going to bed last night. I stayed up so that I could construct my pages for the Under the Big Top Fat Book Swap. I ended up with only 14 of the 15 pages, because I accidentally sewed the tent onto the wrong side of one of the pages. Luckily, Wanda was hosting the swap, so I was able to able to convince her to leave my book unfinished.
I slept for about an hour and a half, then got up to pack and get to the airport. When I checked in at the airport, I was told that the flight that I had booked back in July that left at 11:25 no longer existed, and my new flight had left at 8:30. I freaked out. I hadn't received any notification of the flight change. Luckily, they were able to book me on new flights that would get me to Omaha about 10 minutes later than my initial flight. Okay, I'm calm now. But while going through security, they found my spare wine opener in my purse, and confiscated it, since it had a knife on it. It would cost $10 to send it home, so I let them have it. After boarding the plane, the pilot turned on the engines and the computer didn't come on, so we had to get pushed back to the gate and wait for a mechanic to come and fix the problem. Then we had to wait for a weight of some sort. In the end, we were delayed an hour leaving Baltimore. When we got to Detroit, it was 3:00, and time to board my next flight. I actually thought it left at 3, so I was freaking out again. As luck would have it (bad or good, I won't say), my flight to Omaha was delayed an hour. Okay, that's fine and dandy. I called Wanda and asked her to pick up my registration packet, and let her know I'd be late. When I got to Omaha, my luggage had not. Everything that could possibly go wrong had. I called the hotel shuttle and arrived at 6:30, right when dinner was starting to be served. I spent most of dinner punching holes in my fat book pages, and inserting them into the fat books. The group project went well, and I completed one of the two available items.

Then, it was time to swap. Luckily, the swap items I needed to swap at Silver Bella were in my carry-on, so everything went well. I do feel pretty insignificant, though. Some of my items turned out well, but I was so out of my league with other items.

No comments: