Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Last night, I asked Tom to come up with an idea for dinner tonight, and this morning he said "Chicken Pot Pie." Here's what I came up with.

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients
  • 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can milk
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 rib celery, chopped
  • ground thyme and rosemary to taste
  • 1 can crescent rolls
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350°. Put all items, except crescent rolls, in pot and warm up and blend.
  2. Pour contents of pot into a casserole dish, and cover the dish with the crescent rolls.
  3. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I think it turned out well. I was afraid that the filling would run out after cutting into the pot pie, but it stayed pretty well. It wasn't overly seasoned, and Tom said he really enjoyed it. His only criticism would be that I should leave it in the oven a little bit longer to brown the crust up some more (I only left it in for 15 minutes).

No comments: