Sunday, August 9, 2009

Howard County Fair and Day 2

Today, the band performed at the Howard County Fair. Every year, we perform for the fair - a short concert and the parade. It was a good time, even though it was really hot. Afterwards, I treated Vanessa from the clarinet section and myself to ice cream cones. It was her last performance with us for the season. Hopefully, she'll be back next season.
On the way home, I stopped at Michael's to shop for supplies for my Silver Bella swaps. I found lots of stuff, and think that I've got enough stuff to complete everything. After picking up something for dinner, and getting home, I sat down in front of the TV, put in a DVD, and after eating, worked on my crafts. I took up way too much time organizing my booty, but ended up painting the base coat on my owls for the Spooky-Ooky Halloween Owl Swap, and the P's for the Playing from A to Z swap. I then got caught up in my movies. I watched "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian." I really enjoyed them, a couple of really decent movies. It was a nice evening alone.

No comments: