Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We had a breakfast this morning at Huber to celebrate the day, so I brought Irish Potatoes and Cabbage. I started to cook some corned beef last night, and got up early this morning to make the dish. I think it turned out well.
Irish Potatoes and Cabbage

Prep Time: 25 min
Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons margerine or butter
2 cups purchased coleslaw blend (from 16-oz. pkg.)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 3/4 cups water
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed potato flakes
1/2 lb. sliced cooked corned beef, chopped (about 2 cups)
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Melt margerine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add coleslaw blend and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add water, milk and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in potato flakes until moistened. Add corned beef and cheese; mix well. Spread evenly over skillet.
3. Return skillet to medium heat; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and golden brown on bottom. If desired, invert onto serving plate; sprinkle with additional cheese.

When I got home from work, I found out that I'd received an ATC from Krista in Virginia for the Fabric ATC Swap. I love it!


Then, to top it all off, I let the band president know that I was interested in the recently vacated position of Section Leader. I've been feeling really wishy-washy about it, not knowing exactly whether or not I was interested, and for what reasons. Well, at the end of rehearsal, the music director called me and the other Assistant Section Leader together, and said he would promote me, but to use her as Co-Section Leader. So, now I'm confused with what's happened - are we both Section Leaders, like we've both been Assistant Section Leaders for the past few years? Aargh, what a day!

No comments: