Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Parade

Today, the band participated in Baltimore's annual St. Patrick's Day parade. It turned out better than expected, since rain was in the forecast, and it just stayed overcast for the parade, which is how the weather usually is. I think we did a nice job improvising - the final reviewing stand was on the other side of the street than usual. We also had to hang out in a different area than normal, which in a way, made more sense. For the parade, we played Danny Boy and the Ravens Fight Song, and at the final reviewing stand, we played the Irish National Anthem and the Star Spangled Banner. By the end of the parade, I was pooped, it's been a lazy off-season. It's a good thing I was able to go home and plant myself in front of the television with some crafts I needed to catch up on.

1 comment:

Willeke said...

I just saw the broche you made for Corry on her blog. It is very beautiful!