Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Busy Day

Phew, today was non-stop. First off, it was Huber Day. This year’s event was located at the Valleybrook Country Club in Kingsville. I ate way too much, as usual. There were hot dogs, hamburgers, fried chicken, Caesar salad, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, fresh fruit, and the piece du resistance – steamed crabs. The country club offered different activities, like swimming pools, which I did not participate in. It was pleasant.



Next was a surprise birthday party for Skott, who used to work at the restaurant. I took Sara, another Tidewater co-worker. It was nice to see him again, and we sat with some fun people who work with him now. The best part, he was really surprised.
After the party, I went back to Tidewater to listen to the band - Til September. In my opinion, they are the best musical entertainment we’ve ever booked there. I loved them the first time they played there, and I missed the next time for some reason (probably band), but there was no way I would miss them again. And they lived up to my expectations. They were great. They were set up outside, so I sat on the deck with Fred (a regular) to listen to them. We were soon joined by Don and Steve (a couple more regulars), and a few of their friends. What a great day!

No comments: