Saturday, July 3, 2010

Parades and Ireland Tags

Wow! I had a good time today at the Baltimore area parades that the band marched in. The first parade, in Dundalk, was pretty standard. I got to see Kayla and Eddie (who used to be in the band) and their new daughter, Abby. Before the second parade, though, is where it got fun. While we were waiting for the parade to start, the drumline of the Reading Buccaneers "challenged" our drumline to a duel. It was fun watching each of the drumlines try to outdo each other. What I didn't know, until about half way through, was that Reading is the 9-time Drum & Bugle Corps World Champions. I definitely thought Reading was better, but we weren't too shabby either.

When I got home, I found Marlene's tags in the mail. For a sneak peek, click here.

No comments: