Monday, July 13, 2015

IFT - Day 1

My first full day was quite eventful. It started out with the All-American breakfast from Harvest, the restaurant in the hotel lobby.

I then made my way to the IFT. After registering and checking out the booth, I realized that I was two hours early for the Expo, so I decided to find a nearby geocache. I still had an hour left after that, so I hung around the booth until the Expo opened.

It was huge! I was only able to see about six rows of booths, and there are many, many more to experience. One of the high points - I met Amy and Maya, the Sweet Scientists who won the Amazing Race!

After the Expo closed, Nolan took me out to dinner at the Chicago Chop House. I had Lobster Bisque, the Dry-Aged Bone-In Tomahawk (it's a ribeye), and we shared creamed spinach and asparagus with hollandaise.

No comments: