Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Parade 2009

On a cold, dreary, overcast day, Baltimore's Marching Ravens participated in their first parade of the season. It was both a nice and a sad occasion. It was sad because it was Bill's last day with the band. After four years in the Ravens' band, his knees told him it was time to quit. Bill was a member of the pep band, so I interacted with him more than other members of the band.

Baritone Bill

On the other hand, I got to see some old band members that I hadn't seen in a while. Kayla (who was my flute buddy through the end of last season), Eddie (Kayla's boyfriend and former member of the equipment crew), and Barbie (Eddie's sister and former clarinet player) were all there to say hello. Patrick, who used to be a member of the equipment crew, was also there.

Kayla, Eddie, and Barbie

The rest of the parade was uneventful. We played the Raven's Fight Song and Danny Boy while marching down the parade route, and at the second reviewing stand performed both the Irish and United States National Anthems.
After getting home, fixing dinner, and watching a little television, I completed my day by working on some crafty projects. I hope I can finish them on time.

No comments: