Saturday, April 18, 2009

PepBand Rehearsal

Today, I did not do yard work. I hear the collective gasps, but it's true! This morning, I had pep band rehearsal, and it went relatively well. I'm glad to see that Margie, who plays piccolo, will be joining me for some of the pep band gigs this year. For the past couple of years, I've been the only flute player in the pep band, and although I like the clarinet players and am comfortable with our tiny woodwind section, I've been a little lonely. There have been guest appearances by ladies from other sections in the band, so I haven't been completely alone, but most of the time I am.
After practice, I went straight to the Tidewater to work. I had initially hoped to go home first, to help with mowing the lawn and hopefully have time for a nap, but after an early morning text message, I commited myself to going to work right after practice. It was a long day, but I'll have tomorrow night off.

No comments: