Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Steps

Finally! With the encouragement of a co-worker, and after being incredibly frustrated about how Tom has been handling our finances these past few months, I finally did something on my own. I went ahead and paid off our credit card bill with the lowest balance! It was only for $178, and that won't be happening again for a while, since the next lowest is in the $700s, but the feeling of accomplishment that it gave me is wonderful. Now, I feel like I can gradually work on everything else, without worrying about whether or not I'm doing the right thing. My next goal is for the 24th - I've made arrangements to have money taken out to bring one of the credit cards current. I've worked out the numbers, and I should be able to make it. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments: