Friday, July 31, 2009

A Visit from Renae

At work tonight, we had a visit from Renae, a former co-worker. She's been living in Virginia, and Mel and I haven't seen her for a while. She stayed for a couple of glasses of wine while we closed up the restaurant, and around midnight, we headed over to Mel's house with a bottle of wine, fixings for breakfast, and the closing cook, Silky. Silky cooked bacon, sausage, and cheesy scrambled eggs while Mel, Renae and I got caught up on things. Renae had a really cool toy, a Vinturi Wine Aerator. Oh. My. Gosh. Unless you've had a chance to experience one of these things, you will not believe how much better the wine tasted after being run through the thing. It was crazy! I highly recommend getting one - and I'm going to try to get one for myself as soon as I can come up with some expendible income!


I decided to leave around 2. What a long day! And a nice visit from Renae.

No comments: