Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! Mine has been busy, so far. Today, I participated in three parades in Baltimore with the band. We marched in parades in Dundalk, Towson, and Catonsville. They were our usual parades, but this year seemed nicer. It wasn't too humid, and the temperature was comfortable. For the parades, we played the Fight Song, School's Out, and America. Before the Catonsville parade, we are usually invited to hang out in the side yard of the Fields' family, and they are kind enough to provide us with drinks and candy. In return, we perform a concert for them. The concert line-up was: Gladiator, School's Out, Black Dog/Kashmir, Beautiful Girls, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Enter Sandman, Radar Love, and the Raven's Fight Song. Compared to last year, this year went much smoother. Last year, I overslept and missed the busses and the first parade. I had to drive to Towson and Catonsville, separate from the rest of the band, which was quite stressful, since I didn't know where to go. I'm glad I woke up on time this year.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I'm so proud of you for gettin gup on time. How did breakfast go over??

Wendy Hue said...

Most people had already eaten breakfast - but they ate after the first parade, after I mentioned that we wouldn't be getting lunch until after the second parade. They appreciated it.