Beefy Nacho SoupThe only change I made to this recipe was using cheddar cheese soup instead of nacho cheese soup, I couldn't find any at the grocery store. I liked the soup. I think it needed to be more soupy, so if I make it again, I'll cut back on the ground beef, maybe to 0.75 lbs. I might even change up the taco seasoning to the hot and spicy variety - for a little bit more zing!
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ 40% less sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed nacho cheese soup
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients except shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Top individual servings with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.