Monday, January 26, 2015

Beefy Nacho Soup

Tonight marks the first night of my two-week "vacation" from the restaurant. For dinner, I decided to make something I'd want to eat, as well as something for Tom. For me, I made Beefy Nacho Soup.

Beefy Nacho Soup

Ingredients
  • 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ 40% less sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed nacho cheese soup
  • 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
  • 1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
  1. In 2-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
  2. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients except shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Top individual servings with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
The only change I made to this recipe was using cheddar cheese soup instead of nacho cheese soup, I couldn't find any at the grocery store. I liked the soup. I think it needed to be more soupy, so if I make it again, I'll cut back on the ground beef, maybe to 0.75 lbs. I might even change up the taco seasoning to the hot and spicy variety - for a little bit more zing!

No comments: